It is the role of our medical trainers to prepare their students for real-life health emergencies. To do this effectively, it is imperative that all training experiences are as life-like as possible.
However, that can be difficult without treating a genuine human patient. Simulation devices have therefore become a mainstay in the medical trainer’s toolkit and have evolved rapidly in recent years to become more life-like than ever before.
An immersive training experience
At SIMBODIES, we’ve pioneered the latest simulation technology that helps medical educators deliver truly immersive training experiences. Our SIMBODIES Manikins and Pro Manikins look as life-like as possible, creating the illusion of real traumatic injuries and adding real-world value to the medical training experience. Having inexperienced users gain experience of clinical procedures in an immersive training environment means they are more equipped to apply learnt skills to genuine patients in the future. Our SIMBODIES Manikins feature enhanced clinical capabilities including:
- Mouth, teeth and jaw for airway management
- Fully flexible steel frames so Manikins can be placed in a supported sitting position
- Front toughened flexible rib cage – BLS
- Nostrils for Nasogastric Tubes
- IO access for bilateral humeral head and tibia
- Needle decompression: 2nd Intercostal Space at the Midclavicular Line (Front) 5th Intercostal Space at the Anterior Axillary line
Building medical confidence
It’s impossible to overstate the importance of an immersive training experience when responding to medical emergencies. It helps build medical confidence, which is critical when you need to apply your training under serious pressure. Nothing works better in allowing you to practice this learnt knowledge in one of the most realistic settings possible.