Remote environments, extreme temperatures, hostile territory – just some of the challenges military units encounter when on deployment.
A patient needing urgent medical attention adds an extra dimension to these extreme situations, meaning realistic and innovative simulation training is essential.
Creating Immersive Environments
This is where SIMBODIES steps in. Setting the highest standards of innovation, simulation technology is now critical to successful medical training for military units worldwide. With a lack of ‘live’ patients available and large numbers of personnel needing specialised training, SIMBODIES enable trainers to teach high-risk medical procedures to students in low-risk environments. Our incredibly life-like Manikins create the most immersive training experiences possible to accurately mirror real situations. Our SIMBODIES Manikins and Pro Manikins feature enhanced clinical capabilities including:
- Mouth, teeth and jaw for airway management
- Fully flexible steel frames so manikins can be placed in a supported sitting position
- Front toughened flexible rib cage – BLS
- Nostrils for Nasogastric Tubes
- IO access for bilateral humeral head and tibia
- Needle decompression: 2nd Intercostal Space at the Midclavicular Line (Front) 5th Intercostal Space at the Anterior Axillary line
Building Medical Confidence
We believe that there is one key tool a military medical responder needs in their kit when responding to any incidents they face: the knowledge to be able to handle an emergency safely and effectively. Nothing works better in allowing you to practice this learnt knowledge in one of the most realistic settings possible.