Standard Child Manikin (Age 9-10)
The SIMBODIES Child Standard Manikin offers a valuable tool to clinical educators preparing medics for paediatric emergencies.
Accurately weighted at around 15kg and incredibly lifelike in appearance and feel, this manikin helps to give a hyper-realistic sense of what it’s like to handle paediatric trauma treatment – and the different challenges compared to treating adults.
Offers opportunities to practice stabilising, managing and moving the patient.
- Mouth & jaw capable of airway management, can be intubated & ventilated
- Capable of chest compressions
- Needle decompression in the 2nd intercostal space in the midclavicular line (front)
- Intraosseous insertion in both tibia & femur
- Partially open eyes capable of manual eyelid movement
- Splashproof and washable skin
- Male or female genitalia
- Hand punched hair
- Handmade in the UK
- Age: 9-10 years old
- Ethnic Skin Tone Options available: White, Middle Eastern/Asian, Black/African American
- Clothing size: aged 9/10
- Height: 4'2"
- Shoe size: UK 1, EU 33, US 2
- Able to bleed at different/multiple sites *
- Application of tourniquet
- Wound Packing with Direct & Indirect pressure application *
- Junctional bleeding *
- Application of spinal collar
- Application of Manual Inline Stabilisation
- Unstable pelvis *
- Application of various dressings
- Application of pelvic binder
- Application of traction device
- Intravenous Cannulation *
- Application of AED/Defibrillator pads
- Ability to move patient
- Ability to undress patient
- Patient bed bath